Roland Corporation U.S., one of the leading music products companies in the industry, has employment opportunities for dynamic, resourceful, results-driven individuals determined to make a difference in contributing to our success.
We are an organization of dedicated people committed to creating and distributing superior musical products. Our core values are focused on our customer service, innovation and creativity, quality and the contagious enthusiasm among our employees.
We have an excellent benefit package, as part of our total compensation, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance Plans, Disability Plans, Vacation and Holiday pay and a great 401(k) plan.
Roland Corporation U.S. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources Department if at any time during the interview process you feel a reasonable accommodation is required to facilitate the interview or job functionality.
Roland does not accept unsolicited resumes from any sources other than from the candidates themselves.
Please send all resumes to email@example.com.
Product Sales Specialist
Roland Corporation U.S., a major distributor of electronic musical equipment, is looking for a Product Sales Specialist. THIS JOB WILL BE LOCATED ON THE EAST COAST AND WOULD PREFER THE GREATER NEW YORK AREA. Under the direction of the BOSS U.S and Roland Guitar Products Vice President, this individual will primarily interface with Roland/BOSS dealers and users of Roland and Boss guitar related products. Through the demonstration and sale of Roland and BOSS products across the designated territory, the Representative will assist in the general sales and marketing of BOSS and Guitar products and contribute market understanding to the parent company.
Duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Through excellence in product and application knowledge and strong interpersonal skills, the representative will participate in and be responsible for sales and successful events and marketing through participating Authorized Dealers. Territory duties will include support of designated Partners and Artist Relations activities as well as training for Sales Associates of participating Authorized Dealers. Most frequently, this will include working in Dealer retail stores as requested.
- When not traveling, the Representative will participate in outbound sales calls, on-line support, content creation, and planning or support of upcoming events.
- From time to time, the representative will participate in supporting customers through the Customer Experience Team or their activities. In the course of interacting with prospects and users of related products, the Representative will be responsible for establishing a strong understanding, and will be able to communicate or verify that understanding through written and oral presentation in person or via video conference, of what and why users are buying and how they are using related products including competitive products.
- Also from time to time, the Representative may be required to support content creation including; scripting, storyboarding, performance, and production of blog posts and knowledge base articles to training and promotional materials. Provide dealer and staff training/support. Demonstrate clear value to users and retail salespeople in the use and sale of Roland and BOSS products relating to the Specialty area.
- High school graduate or equivalent in reading, written and mathematics skills. Qualification in specialty music and media programs an asset. Experienced in retail sales and participation in the Specialty area.
- Must play guitar. Requires above average inter-personal skills in dealing with customers, partners, artists and retail sales staff and management. Must be skilled in the use of web, email, social media, and telephone. Must be able to write technical and application based content. Must be comfortable on camera and microphone for video and audio recording. Basic math skills are required.
- Representative must have knowledge of a broad range of music genres including trends in tone and playing styles. Should have vast knowledge of guitar effects, amplification, and usage and application of such.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions
Must be fluent in office suite (word and excel). Knowledge and usage of computer programs that apply to electronic musical instrument applications (ie. Digital Audio Workstations, Editor/librarians, and programs made to connect to physical instruments).
Work Environment Ability:
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The noise level in the environment is moderate.
This position requires the ability to drive, rent rental cars, and fly to attend seminars, events or offsite demonstration or production. Must be able to read and comprehend and have sufficient hearing to determine audio characteristics as well as support telephone, office and event communications.
As an East Coast position, the Representative will be required to provide a suitable work and storage location without cost to the company. When working from home, the Representative must be able to support customers professionally through the use of suitable internet bandwidth for browsing, conferencing and phone use. This includes the avoidance of unreasonable background noise or distraction.
Must be able to lift and carry products in the preparation, pick-up, and delivery, demonstration of products or in their use for content production where products might weigh up to 80 pounds. Must also be able to bend, push, pull, and reach above head, forward and from side to side to move or access products required for use from the retailer, warehouse, or other location. Requires constant use of hands, arms, and wrist movement for PC and telephone work. Must be able to read and comprehend what is read as well as have sufficient hearing to determine audio characteristics, support telephone, office and event communications
This is an exempt position. Pay periods are bi-weekly. Company offers excellent salary and benefit package will include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and much more. If interested please send resume with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO AGENCY PHONE CALLS PLEASE.