BR-1600CD, BR-1600: How to format/initialize the internal hard drive.
The Disk Initialize procedure should be performed if the hard disk can no longer be written to or read from, or if you immediately want to delete all data from the drive. This procedure also should be performed on a regular basis to help prevent drive fragmentation.
Caution: Initializing erases all contents on the hard drive.
- Press UTILITY.
- CURSOR to "HDD," and press ENTER.
- CURSOR to "Initialize," and press ENTER.
- Use the TIME/VALUE dial to change the FORMAT MODE to "Surface Scan."
- Cursor to "GO," and press ENTER.
- The message "Are you sure?" will be displayed, press ENTER. The hard drive will begin to initialize.