Super UA, UA-S10: SYMPTOM: Driver Will Not Install (Windows 10)
The following is troubleshooting information in the event that the Windows 10 driver will not install:
- The computer automatically downloads the Windows 10 driver from the Internet when connected to the computer. There is no "setup" installation file needed.
- Windows 10 Mobile is not supported.
- This driver cannot be used in a virtual Windows environment, such as Hyper-V or Virtual PC. Mac computers running Microsoft Windows are not supported.
- Be sure that the computer has a stable internet connection. One way to test this is to open a browser and try to watch a video online (e.g. www.youtube.com). If the video freezes or doesn't play, there may be a connection issue with your internet service provider. In this case, contact the internet service provider for assistance.
- When installing, you must log on as a user with administrative privileges on your computer.
- Close system monitoring/anti-virus software before installing. If system monitoring software such as anti-virus programs are installed on your computer, you must close them until you’ve finished installing the driver.
- Close down all open software and windows so that the desktop is the only item visible on the screen.
- Be sure that you are connecting to a USB 2.0 port on your computer; or a USB 3.0 port with backwards compatibility. Check the USB 3.0 specifications of your computer to determine if there is complete support for USB backwards compatibility.
- The computer's device recognition may have failed. Disconnect the USB cable from both the Super UA and the computer and then reconnect both.
- Try a different USB port on the computer.
- Try a different USB cable (if available).
- Try having Windows 10 search for the update:
- Connect the Super UA to the computer via USB.
- On the bottom left of the Windows 10 screen, click on the search box and type "update".
- Then select "Check for updates".
- Click on the "Check for updates" box. The driver should install automatically after a few minutes.
- If the Super UA is connected but cannot be used after waiting for 10 minutes, try installing the driver manually
- Connect the Super UA to the computer using a USB cable.
- Right-click the start button and then click "Device Manager".
- In the View menu, click "Devices by type".
- Click "Sound, video and game controllers" or "Other devices" to display the Super UA (or UA-S10) device.
- When the Super UA (or UA-S10) device appears, right-click it, and then select "Update Driver Software".
- Select "Search automatically for updated driver software".
- Your PC starts searching for the driver, and the driver is installed automatically.
- The installation is completed if the "Windows has successfully updated your driver software" message is displayed.
- Click "Close". If the "System Settings Change" dialog box appears, click [Yes] to restart Windows.
- If the problem continues, test on a different computer (if available) to rule out a malfunction.