SPD-SX: Pad Control
The SPD-SX has a feature called "Pad Control" which lets you designate a pad to perform various functions besides triggering a wave file. For example, you can hit a pad to increment or decrement through the different kits or Start/Stop the on-board Click. Here's how to assign a Pad Control function to a pad:
1. Press MENU.
2. Cursor to "SYS" and then press ENTER.
3. Cursor to "PAD/FS CTRL" and press ENTER.
4. Hit the pad that you want to assign a function to.
5. Press the (+) or (-) button to select one of the options. (Kit Inc, Kit Dec, Click, Tap Tempo, All Sound Off, FX1 On/Off, FX2 On/Off).
6. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 for any other pads as desired.
7. Press EXIT when you're finished. The new setting is saved automatically.