BR-1200CD: Digital Recorder
From guitar pick to compact disc, the BR-1200CD can turn your ideas into radio-quality songs with power and ease. Packed with great COSM® effects and amp models derived from BOSS’s GT-6/6B multi-effects processors, plus a great-sounding bass and drum rhythm programmer for instant backing tracks, the BR-1200CD is the friendliest and most comprehensive hard disk recorder on the market.
- 12-track playback with 192 V-Tracks
- Fast drum pattern creation with EZ Compose
- Vocal harmony generator and pitch correction
- USB port for file sharing with computers
- CD-R/RW drive
More InfoHassle-Free Recording & CD Burning
Fly from point A to B in record time, thanks to the BR-1200CD’s logical arrangement of buttons, knobs, and faders, and its inviting icon-based user interface. Recording, mixing, and CD burning is simple. To record, simply connect an instrument or microphone (XLR inputs with phantom power are provided), and follow the logical flow of controls on the left side of the panel. Use the fader pack in the middle to mix, and press the “Audio CD Write/Play” button to jump to the CD Burning menu.
Multi-Effects & COSM Models
From full dunk to subtle sweetening, the BR-1200CD is equipped with a powerful multi-effects processor derived from the famous BOSS GT-6/GT-6B. A lineup of COSM amp models are in the lineup, including the world standard Roland JC-120 Jazz Chorus™, R-FIier Vintage, Metal Stack, BOSS Compact Pedal models such as OD-1 and MT-2, and more. Also onboard — COSM Mic Models, which emulate expensive condenser mics. Correct pitch and add harmonies with the Vocal Tool Box, and for the finishing touch, tap into the Mastering Tool Kit to put a pro-quality polish on your track.
Backing Band Built In
Another distinguishing feature of the BR-1200CD is its world-class bass and drum programmer, packed with instruments and patterns to suit a variety of styles. Realistic acoustic drums and percussion are included, as well as many electronic sounds to compose modern hybrid type of music. For bass, you can choose from a variety of bass sounds, such as slapped basses, picked basses, and fretless basses. Jam along with the supplied patterns or create your own from scratch. The EZ Compose feature makes ultra-realistic custom programming a snap. There’s also a selection of great loop phrases pre-installed on the internal hard drive.
The BR-1200CD has a USB port for simple, one-cable data exchange with your computer. You can export audio tracks to your computer in WAV format, and safely save backups of your song data. If you have WAV files you would like to use, you can import them to the BR-1200CD’s tracks via USB as well. The BR-1200CD is compatible to both PC and Mac, including Mac OS X.
- Track: 12
V-Track: 192 (16 V-Tracks per each Track)
* Up to 2 tracks can be recorded simultaneously, and up to 12 tracks can be played back simultaneously.
- Maximum Useful Capacity/Recording Time
- Internal Hard Disk: 80 GB
Recording Time: 120 hours (conversion in one track)
* The above-listed recording time is approximate. Times may be slightly shorter depending on the number of songs and size of imported loop phrase that were created.
* The above-listed recording time is the total for all the tracks that are used. If each of the twelve tracks contain an equal amount of data, the length of the resulting song will be approximately 1/12 of the above.
- Signal Processing
- AD Conversion: 24 bit AF Method (Guitar/Bass), 24 bit delta-sigma Modulation (VOCAL, LINE, SIMUL)
DA Conversion: 24 bit delta-sigma Modulation
Internal Processing: 24 bit (digital mixer section)
Recording Data: 16 bit linear
- Sample Rate
- 44.1 kHz
- Frequency Response
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+1/-3 dB)
- Total Distortion
- 0.05% or less(INPUT SENS: CENTER, 1 kHz at nominal output level)
- Nominal Input Level (Variable)
- GUITAR/BASS jack: -20 dBu
MIC 1, 2 (TRS balanced/XLR) jacks: -40 dBu
LINE IN jacks: -10 dBu
- Input Impedance
- GUITAR/BASS jack: 1 M ohms
MIC 1, 2 jacks: 12.5 k ohms (HOT-COLD)(TRS balanced/XLR), 6.5 k ohms (HOT-GND, COLD-GND)
LINE IN jack: 22 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- LINE OUT jacks: -10 dBu
- Output Impedance
- LINE OUT jack: 2 k ohms
PHONES jack: 100 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance
- LINE OUT jack: 20 k ohms or greater
PHONES jack: 8 to 50 ohms
- Residual Noise Level
- LINE OUT jack: -87 dBu or less (INPUT SELECT: GUITAR/BASS, input terminated with 1 k ohms, INPUT SENS: CENTER, IHF-A, typ.)
- DIGITAL OUT: S/PDIF 16–24 bit (optical type)
USB connector (B type)
- 64 x 40 mm (Backlit LCD)
- MIDI IN connector
MIDI OUT connector
DIGITAL OUT connector (optical type)
FOOT SW jack (1/4 inch phone type)
EXP PEDAL jack (Stereo 1/4 inch phone type)
LINE OUT jacks (RCA Phono type)
LINE IN jacks (RCA Phono type)
MIC 1, 2 jacks (TRS balanced
- Power Supply
- DC 12 V; Supply AC Adaptor (Roland PSB-7U)
- Power Consumption
- 3.0 A
- AC Adaptor: PSB-7U
DISCRETE DRUMS (CD-ROM)
- Expression Pedal: EV-5 (Roland)
Foot Volume/Expression: FV-300L
Foot Switch: FS-5U
Pedal Switch: DP-2 (Roland)
- Size and Weight ( excl. AC Adaptor )
- 478 mm
- 18-7/8 inches
- 297 mm
- 11-3/4 inches
- 95 mm
- 3-3/4 inches
- 4.1 kg
- 9 lbs. 1 oz.
- *0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Downloads & Updates
Downloads & Updates
- BR-1200CD System Update Version 1.20 (PC/MAC - CD)
- This system program updates BR-1200CD to the latest version via CD-R.
IMPORTANT: Please refer to the instructions contained within the file “README.pdf.”
If you have questions about operating your BOSS product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.
In addition, we have a library of Support Documents that you can download and reference. If Support Documents are available for this product, they will be listed below.
- BR-1200CD TurboStart
- An Introduction to Recording Your Own CD
- BOSS Product Catalog 2008
- Forging the Future - Innovation for Creative Inspiration
BOSS forges into 2008 with an awe-inspiring lineup of effects, digital studios, and accessories.
- BR-1200CD Brochure
- BR-Series Brochure
- BOSS Product Catalog 2012
- BOSS Product Catalog 2011
- Owner’s Manual: BR-1200CD_OM.pdf