GT-Pro: Guitar Effects Processor
FeaturesPlug into BOSS’s most powerful rack processor ever. With a dual COSM® effects engine and an expansive I/O section that includes XLR outputs, three sets of send/returns, and a USB port for data exchange and audio flow, the new GT-Pro is the perfect front-end for driving a wall of powered cabinets or for direct, pro-grade recording applications. Whether on stage or in the studio, you’ll be amazed at how much power and performance this top-quality rack has to offer.
- BOSS’ most powerful rack mount guitar processor
- Dual COSM® amp section with Solo Mode for instant tone boost
- Three stereo effect loops
- Huge array of outputs, including digital
- Built-in USB-audio interface with bundled editor/librarian software
More InfoDual COSM Amp Power
With its dual COSM amp-modeling engine, the GT-Pro allows you to construct towering tones by combining any two of the 46 amp models — then layer, switch, or pan between them as your play. Amp channels can even be controlled according to how hard you play (picking dynamics). In addition, no matter which amp model you’ve selected, you can instantly access a companion lead tone with the Solo Switch. It’s like having a separate solo channel for every COSM amp model!
BOSS’s Best Multi-FXLooking for BOSS’s best effects? You’ll find them here. As the top of GT line, the GT-Pro provides 44 effects categories, with 200 preset- and 200 user-patch locations. Choose from compressors, overdrives, delays, reverbs, choruses, EQs, wahs, and dozens of other BOSS-quality effects — there’s even a sitar and acoustic guitar emulator onboard. The GT-Pro also impresses with its ultra-flexible effects routing. Internally, the 15 effects blocks can be configured in any order you desire; externally, a trio of effects loops plus an array of assignable outputs enables the most flexible signal-routing configurations. Used as a rackmount guitar preamp, the GT-Pro crushes the competition with its advanced internal effects and routing flexibility.
Drive your tone in luxury through the GT-Pro’s top-grade circuitry and balanced outputs. Thanks to its improved signal-to-noise ratio, the GT-Pro offers an incredibly pure signal path. Use the built-in ground-lift switch to keep your signal clean, no matter the stage or studio environment. If you wish to add some serious settings for the stage environments, you can split the signals independently to a couple of guitar amps with the stereo Sub Outs. I/O flexibility is the name of the game with the GT-Pro, as it also provides four 1/4-inch analog audio outputs, a pair of balanced XLR outputs, and three pairs of effects send/returns.
Digital Recording & Patch Management
No matter how simple or complex your recording needs are, the GT-Pro has the tools you need to get pro-quality results. For pristine, high-resolution recording, plug into the 24-bit coaxial output — the routing of which is user-definable. In recording situations, you could set up multiple signal paths — one for the recording input, for example, one for your private monitor, and another to the digital out in the signal path, independent of the loop out and main outs. For one-cable patch management, a USB port is provided for connecting the GT-Pro to a computer of your choice; the GT-Pro comes with Mac/PC editor/librarian software at no additional cost. In addition, the GT-Pro provides USB-Audio functionality.
- AD Conversion
- 24-bit + AF method*
- DA Conversion
- Sampling Frequency
- 44.1 kHz
- Program Memories
- 400: 200 (User) + 200 (Preset)
- Nominal Input Level
- INPUT: -10 dBu
PRE LOOP RETURN: -10 dBu
LOOP 1/2 RETURN: -10 dBu/+4 dBu
- Input Impedance
- INPUT: 1 M ohms
PRE LOOP RETURN: 220 k ohms
LOOP 1/2 RETURN: 220 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- DIRECT OUT/TUNER OUT: -10 dBu
MAIN OUT/SUB OUT: -10 dBu/+4 dBu
SUB OUT XLR: +4 dBu
PRE LOOP SEND: -10 dBu
LOOP 1/2 SEND: -10 dBu/+4 dBu
- Output Impedance
- DIRECT OUT/TUNER OUT: 2 k ohms
MAIN OUT/SUB OUT: 2 k ohms
SUB OUT XLR: 600 ohms
PRE LOOP SEND: 2 k ohms
LOOP 1/2 SEND: 2 k ohms
- Digital Output
- EIAJ CP1201, S/P DIF
- 16 characters, 2 lines (backlit LCD)
2 characters, 7 segment LED
INPUT PEAK INDICATOR
- FRONT PANEL: INPUT jack, PHONES jack
REAR PANEL: INPUT jack, DIRECT OUT/TUNER OUT jack, MAIN OUTPUT jacks L(MONO)/R, SUB OUTPUT jacks L (MONO)/R, SUB OUTPUT XLR CONNECTOR L/R, PRE LOOP SEND jack, PRE LOOP RETURN jack, LOOP 1 SEND jack, LOOP 2 SEND jack, LOOP 1 RETURN jack, LOOP 2 RETURN jack, AMP CONTROL 1 jack, AMP CONTROL 2 jack, EXP PEDAL 1 jack, CTL PEDAL1,2 jack, EXP PEDAL 2/CTL PEDAL3,4 jack, DIGITAL OUT connector (coaxial), USB Connector, MIDI connectors IN/OUT/THRU
- Power Supply
- AC117V, 230V or 240V
- Power Consumption
- 16 W
- USB cable
GT-PRO Software CD-ROM
- MIDI Foot Controller: FC-200, GFC-50, Foot Switch: FS-5U, FS-5L, Dual Foot Switch: FS-6, Expression Pedal: EV-5 (Roland), FV-300L, Foot Switch Cable: PCS-31 (Roland)
- Compatible OS
- GT-PRO Editor
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition/XP Professional/2000 Professional/Me/98SE/98, Mac OS X v10.2.3 or later, Mac OS 9.x, and Mac OS 8.6
- Size and Weight
- 482 mm
- 19 inches
- 305 mm
- 12-1/16 inches
- 89 mm
- 3-9/16 inches
- 4.8 kg
- 10 lbs. 10 oz.
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms * AF method (Adaptive Focus method) This is a proprietary method from Roland that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio of the A/D and D/A converters.
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Downloads & Updates
Downloads & Updates
- GT-Pro Editor Software (MAC)
- GT-Pro Editor (PC)
- GT-Pro Driver Version 1.0.0 for Windows 8
IMPORTANT NOTICE: When the Windows SmartScreen is displayed upon installing the driver, please perform the following procedure:
1. Click [ More info ]
2. Click [ Run anyway ]
* Skip Step 1 If your PC is not connected to the internet.
- GT-Pro Driver Version 1.0.0 for Windows 7 64-bit Edition
- This is the GT-Pro driver for Microsoft® Windows 7 64-bit Edition.
- GT-Pro Driver Version 1.0.0 for Windows 7 32-bit Edition
- This is the GT-Pro driver for Microsoft® Windows 7.
- GT-Pro USB Driver Version 1.0.0 for Windows Vista 64-bit v1.00
- This is the GT-Pro driver for Microsoft® Windows Vista 64-bit Edition.
- GT-Pro USB Driver Version 1.0.0 for Windows Vista 32-bit Edition (PC)
- This is the BOSS GT-PRO driver for Microsoft® Windows Vista™.
This driver also supports ASIO(Steinberg Audio Stream I/O Interface) 2.0.
- GT-Pro USB Driver Version 1.0.0 for Windows 98/Me/2000/XP (PC)
- GT-Pro USB Driver v1.0 for Mac OS 10.8
- GT-Pro USB Driver v1.0 for Mac OS 10.7
- GT-Pro USB Driver v1.0 for Mac OS 10.6
- This is the USB driver for Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
- GT-Pro USB Driver v1.21 for Mac OS 10.5 and Earlier
- This is the USB driver for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and earlier.
- Clean-All USB Driver Utility
- This utility clears out all Roland USB Windows drivers and should be used if you are having difficulty installing your USB driver.
Note: You will have to reinstall the drivers for any other Roland device that is using a USB connection for Audio or MIDI.
If you have questions about operating your BOSS product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.
In addition, we have a library of Support Documents that you can download and reference. If Support Documents are available for this product, they will be listed below.
- BOSS Product Catalog 2008
- Forging the Future - Innovation for Creative Inspiration
BOSS forges into 2008 with an awe-inspiring lineup of effects, digital studios, and accessories.
- GT-PRO TurboStart
- InFocus 02: Roland’s Librarian Software
- If you’re the kind of person who digs into your Roland/BOSS gear, odds are you go way beyond factory patches and settings. It’s for users like you that we include a computer-based Librarian application for backing up and organizing your data. This booklet explains the Roland/BOSS Librarian.