RT-20: Rotary Ensemble
FeaturesFrom the Beatles to Jeff Beck, Santana to Stevie Ray, many guitar greats have incorporated the rotary speaker into their rigs. With this in mind BOSS proudly presents the RT-20 Rotary Sound Processor. Employing COSM®-modeling technology, the RT-20 authentically reproduces classic rotary-speaker sounds. It offers adjustable Rise Time, Horn and Bass speed, Overdrive, and more. And not just for classic twirl, the RT-20 can be used to create unique overdrive and pulsating effects as well. This pedal sounds amazing, and offers a stunning graphical view of the virtual rotors on its built-in display.
- Authentic rotary speaker sounds via COSM® technology
- Slow/Fast transition time is adjustable from gradual to rapid change; optional Expression pedal can control speed in real time
- Onboard Overdrive effects
- Adjustable mix balance between Treble Rotor and Bass Rotor
- 4 types of sounds, from standard rotary speaker effects to rock-oriented tones, UNI-V, and more
- Guitar/Keyboard switch
- Dazzling virtual-rotor display
Years of intensive research and development have made Roland and BOSS world leaders in modeling technology. Roland’s breakthrough Composite Object Sound Modeling (COSM) uses the advantages of multiple modeling methods, and succeeds in accurately emulating existing sounds as well as producing sounds that have never before been created. With the RT-20, COSM is used to simulate classic rotary characteristics, and beyond. The virtual horn and bass speaker can be independently adjusted, while the RT-20’s unique graphic display provides a realtime view of the rotation pattern and speed.
Guitars and keyboards alike can be plugged into the RT-20; use the Drive Type switch to optimize the effects for guitar or keyboard. Surround your listeners in animated sound with the RT-20’s dual outputs, which enable true stereo effects. Add color by adding an Expression pedal (such as the new BOSS FV-500H/FV-500L, optional), which lets you control parameters such as rotation speed seamlessly from slow to fast in real time. The RT-20’s phone jack is handy for private practice and experimentation.
Virtual Rotor Display
Thanks to its stunning visual display, the RT-20 might be the most eye-catching pedal in BOSS history. The spinning lights don’t just look cool, they also show the audio-rotation characteristics of the RT-20 in real time. The center of the display, illuminated in red light, represents the virtual horn. The outside ring, illuminated in blue, displays the rotation of the virtual bass speaker. It’s attractive and informative!
- Nominal Input Level
- -20 dBu
- Input Impedance
- 1 M ohms
- Output Impedance
- 1 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance
- 10 k ohms
- VIRTUAL ROTOR
- EFFECT ON/OFF pedal, SLOW/FAST pedal, MODE knob, RISE TIME knob, EFFECT LEVEL knob, DIRECT LEVEL knob, BALANCE knob, OVERDRIVE knob, SLOW SPEED knob, FAST SPEED knob, DRIVE TYPE switch
- POWER(serves also as battery check indicator), EFFECT ON/OFF, SLOW/FAST
- INPUT A (MONO) jack (1/4 inch phone type), INPUT B jack (1/4 inch phone type), SPEED (EXP PEDAL) jack (1/4 inch phone type), PHONES jack (stereo 1/4 inch phone type), OUTPUT A (MONO) jack (1/4 inch phone, type), OUTPUT B jack (1/4 inch phone type), AC Adaptor jack
- DC 9 V=Dry battery (R6/LR6 (AA) type) x 6, AC Adaptor (PSA-series)
- Owner’s Manual, Dry battery x 6
- AC Adaptor (PSA-series)
- Size and Weight ( including batteries )
- 173 mm
- 6-13/16 inches
- 158 mm
- 6-1/4 inches
- 57 mm
- 2-1/4 inches
- 1.1 kg
- 2 lbs. 7 oz.
- * 0 dBu= 0.775 Vrms
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
If you have questions about operating your BOSS product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.
In addition, we have a library of Support Documents that you can download and reference. If Support Documents are available for this product, they will be listed below.
- BOSS Product Catalog 2008
- Forging the Future - Innovation for Creative Inspiration
BOSS forges into 2008 with an awe-inspiring lineup of effects, digital studios, and accessories.
- BOSS Guitar Effects Guidebook
- BOSS offers an extensive selection of guitar effects that can be used by guitarists to get any kind of sound you can imagine. Here's a quick reference guide to the type and function of each unit.
- BOSS Product Catalog 2012
- BOSS Product Catalog 2011