ME-50: Guitar Multiple Effects
FeaturesThe ME-50 Guitar Multiple Effects is a floor-based multi-effects processor built with the ruggedness and simplicity of a stompbox. Designed to work with your amplifier, the ME-50 focuses on killer multi-effects (like COSM overdrive and distortion) rather than amp modeling. And dialing in your tone is easy, thanks to dedicated knobs for each effect section, three footswitches and a built-in expression pedal. So if you want great-sounding effects without all the menu surfing, the ME-50 is everything you need.
- Floor-based multi-effects processor with BOSS' most intuitive interface ever
- 30 Preset Patches including delay, modulation, reverb, compressor and more
- Killer COSM overdrive/distortion effects including "Square" synth sound
- Dedicated knobs for each effect section - no menus to navigate!
- Tone Modify function offers Preset EQ settings for quick tone editing
- 3 footswitches for switching effects on and off with a single stomp
- Onboard expression pedal pre-routed to 6 modulation options or volume
- Rugged metal case with clear panel layout
More InfoWorks Just Like Your Favorite Pedals
A multi-effects processor without a menu-driven LCD? Leave it to BOSS to design the most intuitive multi-effects processor ever. With simple knob-based control over each effect section, the ME-50 makes dialing in your tone easier than ever. And when you want to kick in an effect, just step on one of the footswitches. Think of it as a pedalboard full of stompboxes, just without all the individual pedals.
Superb Overdrive/Distortion Effects
The ME-50 boasts a range of superb COSM overdrive and distortion models - perfect for use on stage with an amp. Derived from the popular OD-20 Drive Zone, these are some of the crunchiest, tastiest overdriven sounds you can imagine. There's even a "Square" effect for cool synth-type sounds. Of course, the ME-50 also has plenty of other effects like compression, analog delay, flanger, phaser, tremolo, Harmonist, Uni-V and a wicked new Rotary effect.
Easy Assignable Expression Pedal
Having an assignable expression pedal is great, but not if you have to dig through menus just to select the effect you want to control. The ME-50 fixes all that with a simple Pedal Mode switch and knob. First, select whether you want to use the pedal for volume or expression. If you choose expression, you can then select one of six preset assignments via the dedicated knob: wah, resonance, voice, ring mod and octave up or down.
Memory Function for Live Performance
The ME-50's Memory function makes changing Patches quick and easy. Once enabled, the three footswitches become Patch selectors for switching between three programs within one of the ME-50's ten memory banks. To switch banks, just press the Bank Up/Down buttons or use an optional footswitch. And with the ME-50's convenient tuner function, keeping your guitar in tune is easy.
- AD Conversion
- 24-bit + AF method*
- DA Conversion
- Sampling Frequency
- 44.1 kHz
- 30 (user)
- Tone Modify, Compressor, Overdrive/Distortion, Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Harmonist, Tremolo, Pan, Vibrato, UNI-V, Rotary, Delay, Reverb, Noise Suppressor [Effects for Expression Pedal]: Foot Volume, Wah, Resonance, Voice, RIng Modulator, Bend (+1 OCTAVE, -1 OCTAVE)
- Nominal Input Level
- INPUT: -10 dBu, AUX IN: -10 dBu
- Input Impedance
- INPUT: 1 M ohms, AUX IN: 100 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- -10 dBu
- Output Impedance
- 2 k ohms
- 7 segments, 1 character LED
- INPUT jack, GUITAR AMP jacks L (MONO) /R, AUX IN jack (Stereo Mini type), PHONES/LINE OUT jack, AC Adaptor jack
- Power Supply
- DC9V: Dry battery (R6/LR6 (AA) type) x 6, AC Adaptor (PSA series: Optional)
- Current Draw
- 120 mA
* Expected battery life under continuous use: Carbon: 3.5 hours, Alkaline: 12 hours. These figures will vary depending onthe actual conditions of use.
- Owner's manual, Dry Battery (Alkaline: LR6 (AA) type) x 6, Roland Service (Information Sheet)
- AC Adaptor: BOSS PSA series, Foot Switch: BOSS FS-5U
- Size and Weight ( incl. batteries )
- 384 mm
- 15-1/8 inches
- 225 mm
- 8-7/8 inches
- 102 mm
- 4-1/16 inches
- 3.2 kg
- 7 lbs.
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms * AF method (Adaptive Focus method) This is a proprietary method from Roland that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio of the A/D and D/A converters.
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
If you have questions about operating your BOSS product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.
In addition, we have a library of Support Documents that you can download and reference. If Support Documents are available for this product, they will be listed below.