BR-8: Digital Recording Studio
FeaturesThe BOSS BR-8 is a 24 bit 8-track digital recording workstation for guitar players and other musicians seeking a simple, high-powered alternative to tape-based personal studios. Its acclaimed V-Studio technology—including Virtual Tracks, COSM effects processing and true non-destructive operation—is enhanced with unique features for guitarists including a Rhythm Guide, Phrase Trainer, and a built-in chromatic tuner.
- 8-track digital recording studio with 64 Virtual Tracks
- Zip100 drive for recording to convenient, inexpensive 100MB Zip disks
- Simplified user interface with graphic LCD making digital recording very easy
- 3 stereo effects processors including COSM Guitar and Bass Amp models, acoustic/bass guitar modeling and dynamics and vocal processing
- Innovative Rhythm Guide with over 80 built-in rhythm patterns
- Built-in chromatic tuner and dedicated Hi-Z guitar input
- Phrase Trainer for slowing down recordings to half-speed for learning guitar licks
- 24-bit analog inputs, including 2 microphone inputs
- Optical digital output for connecting to digital devices such as DAT or MD
- Note that this product is no longer in production. Similar capabilities can be found in the BR-1180/1180CD Digital Recording Studio.
Downloads & Updates
Downloads & Updates
- BR-8 WAV Converter Software for PC (338K)
- This version of the WAV convert application adds compatability with Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
- BR-8 System Update 1.04 (Mac) (584K)
- This .hqx file contains a file to update the operating system of the BR-8 from a Zip Disk. Read the README.TXT file for installation instructions.
- BR-8 System Update 1.04 (PC) (400K)
- This compressed file contains a file to update the operating system of the BR-8 from a Zip Disk. Read the README.TXT file for installation instructions.
If you have questions about operating your BOSS product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.
In addition, we have a library of Support Documents that you can download and reference. If Support Documents are available for this product, they will be listed below.