OD-20: Drive Zone
FeaturesThe OD-20 Drive Zone uses advanced COSM® technology to model the sound of classic overdrive/distortion pedals, as well as creating new sounds of its own. There are 22 models to choose from, plus new "Attack Shape" and "Heavy Octave" parameters for dialing in subtle nuances or extreme tones. You can even switch amp channels remotely using the OD-20's Amp Control jack.
- COSM Overdrive/Distortion Modeling pedal with 22 killer stompbox models including 6 all-new tones
- Models classic and modern overdrive/distortion pedals like BOSS OD-1 and MT-2, plus many other vintage and boutique pedals
- Attack Shape control adjusts overdrive's response dynamics to your playing
- Heavy Octave parameter creates sounds one octave below notes played on the 4th string, 4th fret and lower-great for heavy, single string riffs!
- 4 User memories for storing custom settings; also has Manual mode for realtime changes
- Line output with Amp Simulator; also works as headphone output
- Amp Control jack for switching amp channels from the OD-20
- BOSS 5-year warranty
More InfoAll Your Favorite Overdrive/Distortion Sounds
Thanks to COSM technology, the OD-20 can faithfully recreate the sound of the most popular overdrive/distortion pedals in history. You get all the BOSS classics like the OD-1, DS-1 and MT-2, plus boutique pedals and many other classics—22 in all! There’s also six new overdrive and distortion sounds ranging from mellow crunch to bottom-heavy distortion and screaming metal.
New “Attack Shape” and “Heavy Octave” Knobs
Using Attack Shape, guitarists can adjust the overdrive model’s response to match their playing. So if you’re really digging into the strings, the OD-20 will be right there with you. There’s also a new Heavy Octave control which produces low octave sounds for any notes played below the fourth fret of the fourth string—great for simulating thick 7-string type sounds heard in modern rock music.
- Nominal Input Level
- –20 dBu
- Input Impedance
- 1 M ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- –20 dBu
- Output Impedance
- 1 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance
- 10 k ohms or greater
- Dynamic Range
- 102 dB (IHF-A typ.)
- Power Indicator (serves also as battery check indicator), EFFECT ON/OFF Indicator, MANUAL Indicator (1 to 4)
- INPUT, AMP CTRL, LINE OUT/PHONES, OUTPUT, AC Adaptor (DC 9V)
- Power Supply
- DC 9V: Dry battery (AA type) x 6, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw
- 85 mA (9V max.) (Expected battery life under continuous use; [Carbon: 8 hours], [Alkaline: 20 hours] These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.)
- Dry battery (AA type) x 6 (We recommend that alkaline batteries be used when replacing the batteries.)
- AC Adaptor: PSA series, Footswitch: FS-5U, Pedal Switch: DP-2 (Roland)
- Size and Weight ( incl. batteries )
- 173 mm
- 6-13/16 inches
- 158 mm
- 6-1/4 inches
- 57 mm
- 2-1/4 inches
- 1.1 kg
- 2 lbs. 7 oz.
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms.
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
If you have questions about operating your BOSS product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.
In addition, we have a library of Support Documents that you can download and reference. If Support Documents are available for this product, they will be listed below.