AD-5: Acoustic Instrument Processor
FeaturesThe BOSS AD-5 Acoustic Instrument Processor offers everything electric-acoustic guitar and bass players need to produce full, rich acoustic sounds in the studio or through an amplifier or PA system.
- Specially voiced acoustic instrument preamp with 4-band EQ
- High-quality Roland reverb, chorus and anti-feedback effects
- Innovative "Acoustic" effect uses separate "Body" and "Ambience" controls to turn the brittle, sterile sounds of a piezo pickup into the rich, "airy" sound of a miked acoustic guitar
- Separate piezo and magnetic pickup inputs
- 1/4" effects insert jack
- Stereo 1/4" unbalanced and balanced XLR outputs
- Preamp and effects can be bypassed for use as a dedicated DI box
- AD Conversion
- 21 bit AF Method*
- DA Conversion
- 20 bit Input, 4 Times Oversampling Digital Filter + ΔΣMethod
- Sampling Frequency
- 44.1 kHz
- Nominal Input Level
- INPUT: -10 dBu
INSERT RETURN: -10 dBu
- Input Impedance
- INPUT (PIEZO): 4.7 M ohms
INPUT (MAGNETIC): 1 M ohms
INSERT (RETURN): 100 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- OUTPUT: -10 dBu
OUTPUT (XLR): -10 dBu into 600 ohms
INSERT (SEND): -10 dBu
- Output Impedance
- OUTPUT: 2 k ohms
OUTPUT (XLR): 600 ohms
INSERT (SEND): 1 k ohms
- INPUT Jacks (PIEZO, MAGNETIC)
INSERT Jack (1/4 inch TRS Phone Type)
OUTPUT Jacks L(MONO), R
OUTPUT Connectors L, R (XLR-3-32 Type)
AC Adaptor Jack
- Power Supply
- DC 9 V (Roland ACI or ACB-Series)
- Current Draw
- 300 mA
- AC Adaptor (Roland ACI or ACB-Series)
- Foot Switch: FS-5U
Cord: Roland PCS-31 (1/4 inch TRS Phone Type - 1/4 inch Phone Type x2)
- Size and Weight
- 150 mm
- 5-15/16 inches
- 155 mm
- 6-1/8 inches
- 65 mm
- 2-9/16 inches
- 1.0 kg
- 2 lbs. 4 oz.
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms * AF method (Adaptive Focus method) This is a proprietary method from Roland that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio of the A/D and D/A converters.
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
If you have questions about operating your BOSS product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.
In addition, we have a library of Support Documents that you can download and reference. If Support Documents are available for this product, they will be listed below.