MD-2: Mega Distortion
FeaturesThe MD-2 Mega distortion takes the bottom-heavy distortion sounds heard in today's new-school metal and pushes it to the extreme. The secret is a special dual-stage distortion circuit with an added gain boost-plus new Bottom and Tone controls--for crushing distortion with massive low end. Take your distortion into the future with the MD-2.
- Produces extreme, low-end distortion for modern metal and hard rock
- Gain Boost circuit creates huge distortion and sustain regardless of level
- New Bottom control for bottom-heavy distortion matched to 6- or 7-string guitars
- Tone control adjusts balance between high and low frequencies
- BOSS 5-year warranty
- Nominal Input Level
- -20 dBu
- Input Impedance
- 1 M ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- -20 dBu
- Output Impedance
- 1 k ohms
- Equivalent Input Noise Level
- -110 dBu (IHF-A, Typ.)
- Pedal Switch, GAIN BOOST Knob, DIST (distortion) Knob, TONE Knob, BOTTOM Knob, LEVEL Knob
- CHECK Indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)
- INPUT Jack, OUTPUT Jack, AC Adaptor Jack (DC 9 V)
- Power Supply
- DC 9 V: Dry battery, AC Adaptor (PSA-series: optional)
- Current Draw
- 18 mA (DC 9 V)
- Dry battery (9 V type) S-006P/9 V (6F22/9 V)
- AC Adaptor: PSA-series
- Size and Weight
- 73 mm
- 2-7/8 inches
- 125 mm
- 4-15/16 inches
- 55 mm
- 2-3/16 inches
- 0.4 kg
- 0 lbs. 15 oz.
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms.
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
If you have questions about operating your BOSS product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.
In addition, we have a library of Support Documents that you can download and reference. If Support Documents are available for this product, they will be listed below.