FeaturesWith the BOSS JS-5 JamStation, guitar and bass players can jam along to high-quality accompaniments, create new accompaniments, and even digitally record up to 32 minutes of their playing without any knowledge of MIDI sequencing or recording.
- Highly intuitive backing/accompaniment machine and song composer for guitarists
- Professional-quality sound engine with separate reverb, chorus, and multi-effects for the internal sounds
- 200 Preset songs with 4-part backing tracks 100 User songs and 26 user-definable chord types
- Separate audio track and mic/line/guitar input for digitally recording live input sources
- Recording time expandable to 64 minutes with optional SmartMedia card
- Built-in Timestretch feature automatically syncs audio recordings to internal patterns
- Locator function loops selected passages for practicing or jamming
- Maximum Polyphony
- 32 voices
- Instruments (including Bass): 128
Drum Kits: 16
- Reverb, Chorus, Insert Effects (40 types)
- Preset Style: 200 x 8 (Forms)
User Style: maximum 20 x 8 (Forms) *1
(Form: Intro, Verse 1, Fill 1, Verse 2, Fill 2, Break 1, Break 2, ending)
- Preset Songs: 200
User Songs: maximum 100 *1 *2
Card Songs: maximum 100 *1 *2
Song Length: Maximum 999 measures for song *1
(This figure may vary depending on the size of the Styles, and the number of chords and Forms used.)
- Per quarter note: 96
- Quarter note: 20 to 260
- Data Input Method
- Realtime / Step
- Available Recording Time on Audio Track
- Internal Memory:
1 minute, 58 seconds (Long recording mode)
1 minute, 35 seconds (Hi-Fi recording mode)
Memory Card (SmartMedia):
34 minutes, 2 seconds (Long recording mode)
27 minutes, 14 seconds (Hi-Fi recording mode)
68 minutes, 9 seconds (Long recording mode)
54 minutes, 31 seconds (Hi-Fi recording mode)
* The above times are the total recording times for all songs. If you record for an extended time on one song, the recording time available for the other songs will decrease, and in some cases recording may not be possible.
* The available recording time is the maximum recording time available in the internal memory and memory card. This figure may be smaller depending on the memory used for recording User (or Card) Songs and any data backed up to the memory card.
- Recording Input Jack
Output Jacks (L (MONO), R )
Headphone Jack (stereo miniture phone type)
Foot Switch Jack
MIDI Connectors (IN, OUT)
AC Adaptor Jack (AC 14 V)
- Power Supply
- AC 14 V (AC Adaptor)
- Current Draw
- 650 mA
- AC Adaptor (BRC Series)
- Foot Switch: FS-5U
Foot Switch Cable: PCS-31 (Roland)
(1/4 inches Phone Plug (stereo) - 1/4 inches Phone Plug (mono) x 2)
- Size and Weight
- 269 mm
- 10-5/8 inches
- 176 mm
- 6-15/16 inches
- 63 mm
- 2-1/2 inches
- 1.1 kg
- 2 lbs. 7 oz.
- *1 This may be less due to the amount of recorded user (card) songs/styles, the recording time on the audio track, and the number of backups on memory card. *2 When a memory card is used, audio recording is possible for a maximum of 100 songs. When the JS-5 is used by itself. audio recording is possible for a maximum of 6 songs.
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
If you have questions about operating your BOSS product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.
In addition, we have a library of Support Documents that you can download and reference. If Support Documents are available for this product, they will be listed below.